Fall Leaves Decor

I can't believe how fast fall flew by... it seems like I just barely hung up my fall decor, and now it's time to switch to Christmas!

My fall dining room leaf garland turned out really cute. I gathered a bunch of maple and oak leaves at the dog park one weekend, and then I pressed them for a week or so. I decided to cover them with glitter... which was really fun! I found a great glitter sample pack in fall colors at JoAnn's, and there was just enough in each little pouch for two or three leaves. I absolutely love the bright reds!



I hung some of the festive garland under our buffet window, a couple little strands from the pretty wood columns (these were anchored with rocks I grabbed from the back yard :)), and also from the chandelier. The ones hanging from the light didn't quite look right with one side the natural dry, crunchy brown of dead leaves, so I sprayed them with a hammered finish copper spray paint. Such an interesting texture! To make the garland, I basically just tied the stems of the leaves onto lengths of hemp cord, which already looks rustic and fall-ey. If I were to do it again, I'd wind a couple more strands in with the garland to make it more substantial and vine-like. Next year!





There were enough glittered leaves left over to use in the place-settings as well, although we really didn't do anything fancy for our dinner. If we could have rounded up the whole family for a meal, I would have put a lot more effort into it! :)




Lastly, I made a simple fall wreath for our front door. I started with a basic grapevine wreath and some dried pods, and added... yup! More glittered leaves! These ones are willow leaves, and they were nice and flexible so they were easy to weave into the wreath. I added a touch of glue to each leaf and pod so they don't fall off, and then finished it with a monogram letter F and a burlap ribbon hanger. Tada! :) So festive. Come to think of it, I don't think any of our guests even used the front door... oh well!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaffe Fassett Jelly Roll Jam Quilt

Temperature Record Cross Stitch

Football Blanket Crochet Chart